Originally built in 1929, Overlook Hall was designed in the manner of an Italian chapel and served for many years as the community’s Christian Science church. Eventually closed, the building underwent a complete restoration in 2010 and today is without a doubt one of the loveliest hillside venues in all of Avalon. The upstairs sanctuary includes almost 1,200ft of open space with heavy beamed ceilings, original Douglas fir flooring, spacious windows, a raised stage with aft restroom, wall heaters, and a sweeping outside deck facing the Pacific. It has been certified for occupancy up to 125 people. Downstairs “formerly a Sunday school classroom” includes a private area for lounging or storage with a full-service kitchenette and extra-large bathroom. The property is fully landscaped and literally steps to Avalon’s nicest hotels, making it ideal for weddings, corporate meetings, reunions, commemorative events, art shows, and more.