Pato Banton Returns to Catalina Island for Free Public Performance
Reggae music fans are invited to join in an island delight August 25 at 6:00 pm on the Wrigley Plaza Stage. Pato Banton will return to one of his favorite performance locations, Catalina Island, for a free public performance in the heart of Avalon. Come early and enjoy some beach time and stay late to take in lots of other music in nearby venues like Avalon Grille, Descanso Beach Club and Luau Larry’s.
Famous for hits with UB40 and The Beat, Banton has a dedicated following that dates back to the early 80s. Banton has previously performed on Catalina Island including last year at Descanso Beach Club.
Other Catalina Island Concerts include those listed below. Updated as of August 13, 2018.
- August 18th, DJ KroMatic—Descanso Beach Club. 1pm
- August 18th, Xceptional Tribute to ABBA–Wrigley Stage, 6 pm-10pm (Free)
- August 19th, Wheeland Brothers Catalina Takeover–Descanso Beach Club, 2pm
- August 25th, DJ Crystal Ellis—Descanso Beach Club, 1 pm
- August 25th, Spiritual Songs with Retha Bogard–Wrigley Stage, 6 pm (Free)
- August 25th, Pato Banton by Xceptional Catalina Concerts, Wrigley Stage, 8pm-10pm (Free)
- August 26th, Beach Party-Live Music with James Graft—Descanso Beach Club, 1 pm.
- September 1st, DJ K-Fresh–Descanso Beach Club, 1 pm
- September 2nd, Labor Day Weekend “So Long Summer, Out with a Bang” Concert 6 pm & Fireworks 8:30 pm–Wrigley Stage, 6 pm start (Free)
- September 2nd, After Hours at Avalon Grille with DJ KFresh, 10 pm
- September 7th, Young Guns (Country)–Wrigley Stage, 6 pm (Free)
- September 15th Annual Art Festival with Catalina Musicians—Wrigley Stage (Free)
- September 15th Catalina Island Women’s Forum Wine Festival with James Moody Guitar–South Beach
- September 21-23 Catalina Wine Mixer–Descanso Beach Club
- October 11-21, 32nd Annual JazzTrax Music Festival—Descanso Beach Club & Catalina Island Casino Ballroom
- October 18th, Fall Fest with Music by Hot Off the Range on Wrigley Stage (Free), 5-9 pm
- October 26th, DJ Michael Basic–Wrigley Stage, 6pm (Free)
- September 8th, 2018 Two Harbors Microbrew Festival with Live Music—Harbor Sands, 1pm-4pm
Sponsors include, Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, Holiday Inn Resort Catalina Island, Catalina Island Company, Bluewater Avalon, Cutwater Spirits, Luau Larry’s, The Lobster Trap, Catalina Island Vacation Rentals, Catalina Island Real Estate, Island Express Helicopters, City of Avalon, Yamaha Music, LA Weekly, OC Weekly, Ballast Point Brewing Co, Catalina Express and Avalon Freight Services. Event production provided by Xceptional Music, Art Good’s JazzTrax and The Perfect Event (varies by event).
For details on these and many other upcoming events on Catalina Island, visit CatalinaChamber.com or call the Catalina Island Visitor Center at 310.510.1520.
Tags: @VisitCatalina, @CatalinaIsland, #CatalinaRocks