Celebrate the End of Summer with a Labor Day Getaway to Catalina Island
The kids may be heading back to school before Labor Day Weekend, this year, but Catalina remains a cool end-of-summer getaway, especially with a music and fireworks line-up that’s perfect to send Summer Out With A Bang! The Labor Day Celebration lineup includes:
- Thursday August 30 – Nights at Descanso Beach Club with The Isleños, Love Snout and Something Band, 7 pm—Descanso Beach Club (no cover)
- Friday August 31– The Isleños with special guest James Moody, 7 pm, Metropole Marketplace
- Saturday September 1, DJ K-Fresh–Descanso Beach Club, 1 pm
- Saturday September 1, AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ K-Fresh, 10 pm
- Sunday September 2, “So Long Summer Concert, Out with a Bang Fireworks” Concert featuring Blackjack and Something Band 6 pm with Fireworks 8:30 pm–Wrigley Stage, (Free)
- Sunday September 2, After Hours at Avalon Grille with DJ K-Fresh, 10 pm
- Monday September 3, Wheeland Brothers, Descanso Beach Club, 1 pm
Island hotels and vacation rental agencies report a handful of spaces remain available for the long end-of-summer weekend and area ocean water temperatures are still above 70 degrees. So, check out the lineup and make plans to head to Catalina to say So Long Summer!
Ferries and helicopter services to the island are operating on summer schedules, making transportation options plentiful too! Even if you can’t make it to Catalina for Labor Day Weekend, there are plenty of other upcoming options for music lovers below. Recently added or updated performances in bold, as of August 20, 2018.
- September 7, Young Guns, Tribute to Country Music–Wrigley Stage, 6 pm (Free)
- September 7, Hot Off The Range—Metropole Marketplace, 6:30 pm
- September 15, Annual Art Festival with Catalina Musicians—Wrigley Stage (Free)
- September 15, Catalina Island Women’s Forum Wine Festival with James Moody Guitar–South Beach, daytime
- September 15, AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ Mackey—Avalon Grille 10 pm
- September 21-23, Catalina Wine Mixer–Descanso Beach Club
- September 22, AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ K Fresh—Avalon Grille, 10 pm
- September 29, AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ KroMatic—Avalon Grille, 10 pm
- October 11-21, 32nd Annual JazzTrax Music Festival—Descanso Beach Club & Catalina Island Casino Ballroom
- October 18, Fall Fest with Music by Hot Off the Range on Wrigley Stage (Free), 5-9 pm
- October 26, DJ Michael Basic— Wrigley Stage (Free) 7-10 pm,
- September 8, 2018 Two Harbors Microbrew Festival with Live Music—Harbor Sands, 1pm-4pm
Sponsors and presenters include, Art Good’s JazzTrax, Café Metropole, Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, Catalina Island Company, Holiday Inn Resort Catalina Island, Metropole Marketplace, The Perfect Event and the City of Avalon (varies by event).
For details on these and many other upcoming events on Catalina Island, visit CatalinaChamber.com or call the Catalina Island Visitor Center at 310.510.1520. Hotel and transportation information also available.