Open Retail Locations & Essential Services
- Abe's Liquor: (9am - 12 midnight)
- Avalon Liquor: open daily 8am to 10pm; closed from 1pm to 2pm
- Avalon Pack & Ship: open 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday; 10am -to 5pm Saturday
- Catalina Beverage Company: new office hours as of 3/30: open to public 8am to 12pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, CLOSED Monday and Wednesday
- Chet's Hardware (8am - 5pm Mon-Sat, closed Sun)
- Island Toy Store Plus More - Pet Supplies (Mon-Thu 12:30-5pm / Fri-Sun 12-6pm)
- Leo's Drugstore - 3/31 - Open 9-6 with lunch break from 1-2 pm. 4/1 Retail Open 9am-5pm. 4/2 and beyond: 10 am to 4 pm with deliveries from 3-5 pm.
- Pebbly Beach Building Supply: open Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 8am to 12pm
- Two Harbors General Store (at the Isthmus) - open daily for residents, 9am to 4p
- Vons Grocery: open daily, 6 am to 10pm; seniors are encouraged to shop between the hours of 7am and 9am
Message from Vons (link to email)
ESSENTIAL SERVICES will remain open:
Airport in the Sky—open for essential services only
- Landfill public scale hours: open Monday - Friday 1pm to 3pm
- Restricted access to the office due to strict observance of safe distancing.
- Residential Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed until further notice.
- Questions? Call 310-510-0240 Monday - Fri 9am to 4pm.
- Operating on limited schedule: due to decreased demand for freight transport to Catalina Island
- Effective March 30, 2020, AFS will begin operating at a limited schedule.
- AFS will operate a minimum of 3 times a week and is prepared to add runs as needed.
Avalon Harbor Department
- Staff/patrol operational; Harbor Dept. pier office closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0535 or use VHF radio or if in person, push the button at the bottom of the stairs for assistance.
- Vessel dye-tablet testing temporarily suspended
- Mooring fees will be collected at individual boats by Harbor Patrol.
- New transient occupancies of city-owned moorings are prohibited for non-residents during the period of local emergency and only owners of moorings may use their moorings, they cannot be used by non-owners.
Avalon School - cleaning and student meal services—operating per posted schedules.
Casino Dock Fuel Station
- Saturday & Sunday 8am to 11am
- Monday - Friday: call 310-510-0535 for emergency assistance
- Casino Dock restrooms closed as of 4/1/20
- Office closed until further notice - Customer Service available by phone 877.202.1491 & email email@example.com, 5am-7pm (Mon-Fri) & 5am- 5pm (Sat)
- Technical Support is available 24/7.
- 3/27/20 Update with WiFi HotSpot Access Information
Catalina Connect Cannabis Delivery - (310) 610-6900 from 10am to 10pm
- Shore Boat Service - operating as usual
- Operating on a reduced schedule through April 30 with at-least two round-trips from Long Beach per day.
- San Pedro and Dana Point routes are suspended.
- Reservations 24 hours in advance highly recommended.
Catalina Flying Boats—Operating on usual schedule
Catalina Yamaha (golf cart service)
- Open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Call (310) 510-1011 for an appointment
- Operating on usual schedules but with increased safety protocols in place.
- Please call CIMC before visiting the Catalina Island Medical Center: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, please call the CLINIC: (310) 510-0096; for all other hours, please call the HOSPITAL: (310) 510-0700
Catalina Island Conservancy Rangers
- Operating as usual.
- See updates on all other Conservancy Operations
- Staff working; City Hall closed to the public.
- Please call 310-510-0220 to make an appointment for assistance with resident subsidy cards, taxi vouchers, etc.
- Vehicle registration postponed-4/1/20 deadline to be extended, future date TBD.
- Facility rentals (including Tremont Hall) closed at this time
- Garibaldi bus has suspended service, but Dial-a-Ride is operational.
Avalon Community Church Food Bank
- Collecting food to help fill the shelves of the Avalon Community Church "Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry", located at 236 Metropole - open Wednesday's 12pm to 2pm
- Food drop off locations: Leo's, Vons, US Bank, City Hall Courtyard, Teen Center
- Monetary contributions can be made on the City of Avalon website here
Meals on Wheels Senior Meals
- Services as usual. Call 310-510-0220 x103 for menus and to place orders, call 310-510-0220 x230 for general information about the program.
Pebbly Beach Gas Station--operating on usual schedule.
- No change in services but altered staffing and schedules
- Click here for help with financial challenges & payments
Taxi Service (Catalina Transportation Services) – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
TowBoatU.S. - service as usual; following CDC guidelines, and our fleet has embraced measures such as social distancing.
Two Harbors General Store - open on usual schedule
U.S. Post Office
- Operating on usual schedule
- Shops at Atwater Hours: Monday through Friday 7am to 6pm; Saturday 8am to 6pm; CLOSED Sunday
- Reduced hours beginning 3/28: open 9:30am to 3pm Monday through Friday, CLOSED Saturday
- Everyday banking from the comfort of your home - download the US Bank app
- Bank From Home Flyer: English or Spanish
The Catalina Island Visitor Center will be staffed remotely from 10 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3 pm. Emails and voicemails will be monitored and returned.
Phone: 310-510-1520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org