- Antonio's Pizzeria & Cabaret
- Aurora Hotel
- Avalon Bay Company
- Avalon Grille
- Avalon Library - closed until further notice. (Sign up for a temporary digital card-valid for 90 days-to access all of our digital resources including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies, TV, homework help, online classes, and more.)
- Banning House Lodge
- Bistro at the Atwater
- Bluewater Grill
- Brown’s Bikes
- Buoys & Gulls
- Casino Point Dive Park
- Catalina Adventure Sailing
- Catalina Coffee & Cookie
- Catalina Divers Supply
- Catalina Electric Bike Tours
- Catalina Island Golf Course
- Catalina Island Museum is closed through April 19, 2020.
- Catalina Pottery & Tile Co.
- Catalina Souvenir Shop
- DC Grill & Gifts at Airport in the Sky
- Descanso Beach Club
- Edgewater Hotel
- El Galleon
- Eric's on the Pier
- Harbor Reef Restaurant & Harbor Sands (at Two Harbors)
- Holiday Inn Resort Catalina Island
- Hotel Atwater
- Hotel Metropole is closed through the end of April 2020
- Hotel Vista Del Mar
- Island Bliss
- Island Rentals
- Island Spa Catalina
- Island Threadz
- Latitude 33
- Lloyd's of Avalon
- Maggie's Blue Rose
- Mi Casita
- Mini Golf Gardens
- Pavilion Hotel
- Seaport Village Inn
- Snug Harbor Inn
- Steamer Trunk
- Steve's Steakhouse
- The Cove Restaurant
- The Lobster Trap
- Three Palms Arcade
- Toyon Grill
- White Buffalo Thrift Store
Catalina Flyer from Newport (Temporary cease of operation)
Catalina Express - Reduced Service to Catalina Island - See full statement
- Long Beach Service 3/20/20 - 4/30/20
- Long Beach to Avalon 7:15 am
- Avalon to Long Beach 9:00 am
- Long Beach to Avalon 4:30 pm
- Avalon to Long Beach 6:15 pm
- San Pedro service will be suspended until further notice.
- Dana Pt service will be suspended until further notice.
- We are discouraging all non essential travel.
Avalon City Hall is closed to the public. Please call 310-510-0220 for assistance with resident subsidy cards, taxi vouchers, etc.
- Staffed Mon-Thu (appt only) Closed Friday.
- Avalon Vehicle Registration has been postponed and deadline extended; date TBD.
- April DMV visit cancelled.
- Garibaldi Bus has suspended operation. Dial-a-Ride is available and operational.
- View cancelled or postponed events
Avalon Harbor Dept. is closed to the public. Please call 310-510-0535 or use VHF radio or if in person, push the button at the bottom of the stairs for assistance. Mooring fees will be collected at individual boats by Harbor Patrol.
- New transient occupancies of city-owned moorings are prohibited for non-residents during the period of local emergency and only owners of moorings may use their moorings, they cannot be used by non-owners. Ordinance (link to PDF)
- Casino Point Dive Park closed (as of 3/30/20) until further notice.
- Casino Dock restrooms are closed.
Avalon Public School (part of LBUSD, closed through the end of the school year).
- Serving grab and go meals to students; breakfast 8-9 am, lunch 11am-12pm.
- Home Learning Opportunities to go online March 23.
- 3/31/20 Technical Support Available For Home Learning
Catalina Broadband (office closed until further notice)
- Customer Service available: 877.202.1491; email@example.com, 5am-7pm (Mon-Fri) & 5am-5pm (Sat)
- Technical Support available 24/7.
Catalina Island Conservancy Facilities
Effective Friday, March 20, 2020 the Conservancy visitor facilities and services will be mostly closed to the public. We plan for this public closure to continue through Thursday April 30, 2020.
- Trailhead, including Toyon Grill
- Eco Tours of the Interior
- Nature Center - An Educational resource
- Wrigley Memorial and Botanic Garden
- Airport public facilities (manager present for landing aircraft)
- DC-3 Grill take out only (full closure effective 3/22)
- Wildlands Express Shuttle (Avalon to Two Harbors)
HIKING AND BIKING
Access to the Island and the Interior. Effective 3/27/20 through 4/19/20:
- Beaches and Beach Access Points are closed
- Piers are closed
- Public Trails and Trailheads are closed
- Beach Bike Paths are closed
- Walking on open roads is permitted
- Biking on open roads not associated with beaches is permitted with a valid permit
- Compliance with Conservancy rules and regulations and Covid19 best practices is required at all times
Please note that these closures apply to all related interior locations and will be enforced by the LA Sheriff's office. Rangers will also continue to be present in the interior.
In addition, all group educational activities, including Naturalist Training and the Last Friday Lecture Series, have been cancelled for March and April. Conservancy events including the Ball and Thad and BZ Jones Hikes have been postponed.