20 Plus Things To Do on a Rainy Day in Avalon
January 14th, 2019 by: Catalina Chamber
If you find yourself visiting Catalina Island during a rare rainy day, you’ll find plenty of things to do! We’ve put together a list of activities to keep your day full of fun.
- Visit the Catalina Island Museum on Metropole Avenue and learn about Catalina’s fascinating history.
- Tour the world famous Catalina Casino. Tickets available at the Catalina Island Company ticket booth on the Green Pleasure Pier.
- Hungry? You can tour local restaurants with Catalina Food Tours.
- Challenge your group to escape from the newest escape rooms: Catalina Room Escape (daily from 10:00am- 9:00pm – call for more information) or Escape Room Catalina (daily from 4:30 pm- 7:00pm call to book).
- Play video games, table hockey or challenge a friend to a game of mini-bowling at Three Palms Arcade in the Metropole Marketplace.
- Visit our local Art Galleries: Afishinados Art Gallery on Crescent or Catalina Art Association inside the US Bank lobby.
- Visit the Avalon Diving History Exhibit located at the bottom level of the world-famous Casino Building – open daily from 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Massage . . . you need no other reason to get a massage at any of our many island spas.
- Ride the Garibaldi bus for a dry perspective of the city.
- Rent a movie or buy a book from Shades of Catalina next to Leo’s. Rainy days are made for reading!
- Buy a game at Island Toy Store on Sumner, who doesn’t like a game of SCRABBLE??
- Bring a parka and shop our unique Catalina shops on pedestrian-friendly Crescent, Catalina, Sumner, Metropole, and Clarissa Avenues.
- Enjoy a snack or meal and watch the rain from any of our cozy restaurants.
- Catch a movie at the Avalon Casino Theatre (nightly at 7:30 pm).
- Take a Semi-Submersible Submarine or a Glass-Bottom boat tour (fish love the rain).
- Get a warm drink from Lloyd’s of Avalon or Scoops and the “Best Cinnamon Roll Ever” from the Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.
- Take a taxi to the Interpretive Center and learn about the Catalina Island Conservancy land and protected plants/animals.
- Try a Buffalo Milk (Catalina signature adult beverage) at any local bar.
- Go snorkeling or diving, you are already wet and fish don’t care about rain!
- Visit our local library on Sumner Avenue (current temporary location open on Metropole Ave. during renovations).
- Take the Wildlands Express to the Airport in the Sky for a wonderful meal at DC-3 Grill and a chance to see bison on the way.