Island of Romance
Catalina is the perfect romantic getaway. Known as the “Island of Romance”, after the popular “26 Miles across the Sea” song, it’s easy to sail away to the beautiful shores of Catalina Island.
The island’s main town of Avalon offers a unique romantic setting with a distinctive Mediterranean charm. Catalina is the only island destination in California that offers a large selection of accommodations that includes everything from beachfront hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, well-appointed condos, charming cottages, and even a four-star country inn.
Many of the hotels have romantic amenities such as fireplaces, whirlpool jacuzzi tubs, private balconies and ocean views to make your stay a passionate paradise. Relax in sumptuous surroundings overlook the boats bobbing in the harbor. Stroll along the moonlit shore and enjoy a quiet intimate dinner for two. Check out our current Island of Romance Packages & Offers.
If you are planning a wedding on the island, we have many wedding planners available to help you make the day a very special one.
There are many romantic activities for the two of you in this lover’s paradise.
- Ride on a bicycle built for two and explore ocean front roadways and lush canyon drives
- Go parasailing or kayaking or enjoy a round of golf
- Watch for whales and dolphins on an ocean rafting adventure
- Take in the sights on one of the island’s many scenic city tours
- Discover the wild side of Catalina’s interior on an inland motor tour or jeep eco-tour
- Spend time alone in the interior – one of the most stunning locations to go hiking or comfort camping surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific ocean
- Plan a picnic lunch and discover a secluded cove
- Explore Catalina’s abundant marine life without getting wet on the glass bottom boats and undersea tours on a state-of-the-art semi-submersible submarine.
- Indulge yourselves at one of Avalon’s day spas. Hot stones, Swedish, Thai or Couples massages
- Dine at one of the many harbor-side restaurants
- Take in a movie in the plush, art deco Avalon Theatre, located on the lower level of the legendary Casino Building
To make your visit to Catalina Island extra special consider having a box of chocolates or fresh flowers delivered to your hotel room or ready for you to pick up as a surprise for your sweetheart. There are many retailers on Catalina Island that offer these special services any time of the year.
Our Happy Anniversary Package is the ideal romantic Catalina Island mini-vacation. Make your anniversary one to remember by escaping with the one you love for a night in Avalon in one of our junior suites. Our happy anniversary package includes:
- One or two mid-week nights in a junior suite at the Aurora Hotel
- Round trip transportation for two aboard Catalina Express
- Dinner for two at one of Avalon's top restaurants
- Taxi transfer to and from hotel and the boat terminal
- A welcome bottle of wine or sparkling cider
- Continental breakfast
- A bouquet of flowers
One-night anniversary getaway: from $742 per couple. Two-night anniversary getaway: from $1177 per couple.
Ask about adding a spa day or a couples massage to your getaway.
Please call the hotel directly at 310-510-0454 to book this package. Rate is valid for two people mid-week in a standard view suite, upgrades and weekends may be available for an additional charge. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Rate is valid through Oct. 5, 2018.
Want to skip the crowds and save some coin? Then book your event on a weekday (Mon-Thurs) and save 25%! Overlook Hall, winner of WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice Award for 2018, features a gorgeous setting, best-in-class service, and all-inclusive pricing. There is simply no lovelier place to meet, learn, celebrate, or get married on Catalina Island! Call us today at 310-427-2450 or inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spice up your getaway with:
- a 50 minute couples massage
- a picnic basket with gourmet cheese, fruit, crackers and more, paired with your choice of red, white or sparkling wine
- 2 nights stay
- round-trip boat fare for 2
- on-island taxi transfers
- Continental Breakfast.
Let us know if you have other special requests. Would you like to add flowers, or the helicopter, to and from the island instead of the boat? We may be able to accommodate those as well. Planning the perfect romantic getaway is simply a phone call away. Prices vary and depend on the type of room, date, and days of the week. Call us about rates for your specific room and dates, at 310-510-7070.