Island of Romance
Catalina is the perfect romantic getaway. Known as the “Island of Romance”, after the popular “26 Miles across the Sea” song, it’s easy to sail away to the beautiful shores of Catalina Island.
The island’s main town of Avalon offers a unique romantic setting with a distinctive Mediterranean charm. Catalina is the only island destination in California that offers a large selection of accommodations that includes everything from beachfront hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, well-appointed condos, charming cottages, and even a four-star country inn.
Many of the hotels have romantic amenities such as fireplaces, whirlpool jacuzzi tubs, private balconies and ocean views to make your stay a passionate paradise. Relax in sumptuous surroundings overlook the boats bobbing in the harbor. Stroll along the moonlit shore and enjoy a quiet intimate dinner for two. Check out our current Island of Romance Packages & Offers.
If you are planning a wedding on the island, we have many wedding planners available to help you make the day a very special one.
There are many romantic activities for the two of you in this lover’s paradise.
- Ride on a bicycle built for two and explore ocean front roadways and lush canyon drives
- Go parasailing or kayaking or enjoy a round of golf
- Watch for whales and dolphins on an ocean rafting adventure
- Take in the sights on one of the island’s many scenic city tours
- Discover the wild side of Catalina’s interior on an inland motor tour or jeep eco-tour
- Spend time alone in the interior – one of the most stunning locations to go hiking or comfort camping surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific ocean
- Plan a picnic lunch and discover a secluded cove
- Explore Catalina’s abundant marine life without getting wet on the glass bottom boats and undersea tours on a state-of-the-art semi-submersible submarine.
- Indulge yourselves at one of Avalon’s day spas. Hot stones, Swedish, Thai or Couples massages
- Dine at one of the many harbor-side restaurants
- Take in a movie in the plush, art deco Avalon Theatre, located on the lower level of the legendary Casino Building
To make your visit to Catalina Island extra special consider having a box of chocolates or fresh flowers delivered to your hotel room or ready for you to pick up as a surprise for your sweetheart. There are many retailers on Catalina Island that offer these special services any time of the year.
Want to skip the crowds and save some coin? Then book your event on a weekday (Mon-Thurs) and save 25%! Overlook Hall, winner of WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice Award for 2018, features a gorgeous setting, best-in-class service, and all-inclusive pricing. There is simply no lovelier place to meet, learn, celebrate, or get married on Catalina Island! Call us today at 310-427-2450 or inquire to email@example.com.
This package offers an entire island of possibilities for you to stoke the fires of passion, including day passes at Island Spa Catalina and a romantic picnic lunch for two with sparkling wine.
Island Romance Package includes:
- Round-trip for two on Catalina Express or Catalina Flyer
- Island chic accommodations for two at Pavilion Hotel
- 15-minute island tour for two with Island Express Helicopters*
- Picnic basket lunch for two with sparkling wine
- Island Spa Catalina day pass per adult
Your stay at Pavilion Hotel also includes:
- Hot breakfast with build-your-own omelette bar
- Evening wine & cheese receptions
- Avalon Scenic Tour & Glass Bottom Boat Voyage
- Use of bicycle during your stay
Book Island Romance by calling 800.414.2754, or online at VisitCatalinaIsland.com.
Spice up your getaway with:
- a 50 minute couples massage
- a picnic basket with gourmet cheese, fruit, crackers and more, paired with your choice of red, white or sparkling wine
- 2 nights stay
- round-trip boat fare for 2
- on-island taxi transfers
- Continental Breakfast.
Let us know if you have other special requests. Would you like to add flowers, or the helicopter, to and from the island instead of the boat? We may be able to accommodate those as well. Planning the perfect romantic getaway is simply a phone call away. Prices vary and depend on the type of room, date, and days of the week. Call us about rates for your specific room and dates, at 310-510-7070.