Fresh Water Rates
2012 Southern California Edison General Rate Case
Download the proposed decision
Send an email to Commissioners of the California Public Utilities Commission
Comments from Catalina Island residents were persuasive in the development of the Proposed Decision. Now it is time for island residents to let the California Public Utilities Commissioners know that they support the Proposed Decision. Clicking on the names below (NOT the email addresses to the right of the names) will open your email application with everything already filled out, ready for you to type your message!
Email Commission President Michael Peevey email@example.com
Email Commissioner Timothy Simon firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Commissioner Mike Florio email@example.com
Email Commissioner Catherine Sandoval firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Commissioner Mark Ferron email@example.com
Summary of issues / Proposed Decision
- Southern California Edison asked for an increase that would have doubled water rates on Catalina Island
- The Proposed Decision keeps rates at their current level - no increase
- The Proposed Decision disallowed approximately $1 million of operating expenses and disallowed approximately $8 million of capital investment (as being overly expensive or not necessary).
- The Proposed Decision accepts Southern California Edison's proposal to shift $10.7 million of increased costs as a one-time charge to SCE's electric customers.
- Page 53 of the Proposed Decision: "Approximately 750,000 people visit the island every year. There are over 200 times more visitors than there are residents. The water system primarily serves those visitors."